Help Us Help Others
HELP US HELP OTHERS!
Our main goal is to help others by making masks for people to protect themselves and others, and by donating masks and a portion of our profits to help those in need. We need your help to do this! Below are some of the ways you can help us help others!
With a high demand for masks, finding the materials to make these has been very challenging. If you know of any source for the following materials, please contact us at:
- 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch elastic (preferred over twill tape and bias tape for sewing reasons)
- 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch twill tape
- 1/2 inch bias tape
- 100% cotton or breathable fabric
- light or medium weight interfacing- bondable or sew in
- Crushin' COVID was started by Meryl Strauss, a freelancer who lost her job and some clients due to the coronavirus 19 outbreak. Freelancers are usually the first to go when things get tough, and the ones who are hurt the most due to lack of benefits. You can learn more about the Freelancers Relief Fund in by clicking here. And if you'd like to help out a freelancer in need, click here to donate. We will also be donating 5% of our funds to the Freelancers Relief Fund, so each mask you buy helps a freelancer in need.
- Healthcare workers are working extra hard to fight COVID-19, with little time to even stop and eat. Off Their Plate is helping feed healthcare workers and also keeping restaurants in business, that otherwise might not survive. They have launched in Boston, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Pittsburgh, Seattle, Chicago, Washington DC, and Philadelphia. We are donating 5% of our profits to help restaurants and feed healthcare workers working on the front lines. If you would like to make a donation, you can do so by clicking here.
- We would like to donate some of our homemade masks in the New York area, one of the places most affected by the outbreak. If you know of any good initiatives or companies handling homemade mask (non-medical masks) donations, please contact us to let us know at email@example.com
- If you are a freelancer who knows how to sew and would like to join us, please reach out at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have any other information or ideas on how we can help others during this time, please contact us at email@example.com